Taiwanese company Brook - designers of the popular family of Super Converters and one of the first manufacturers whose converters managed to gain tentative acceptance by EVO - offers a cost-effective solution to PS3, PS4 and PC control.
Full Featured at Just Under $50
The Brook PS3/PS4 Fighting Board Plus is the marriage of Brook PS3 PS4 Fighting Board + (PS4/PS3/PC) and a breakout board with connectors. Unlike the Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio v2017 (PS4/PS3/PC), this does not come with the audio breakout board. However, the PCB retains many of the connectors and headers that are now part of the Universal Fighting Board. At $50, it's a great price for those looking to to upgrade an older Fightstick, or create a new one without a heavy investment in the controller.
The inclusion of JST headers instead of pin headers allow you connect our 4-Pin L3/R3/Touchpad Button Harness to this model, along with the PS4+ Fighting Board and Universal Fighting Board.
As now common in the Brook family of PCB boards, you can utilize USB 2.0 B printer cables to connect to the board, such as the 18 Inch Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable which connects to a Neutrik NAUSB-W-B A/B USB Feed-Through, or the 10 Foot Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable.
This device automatically detects PS4 and PS3 consoles when connected via USB. You can also force switching via button input when connecting to the console. Notable features include:
- PS4, PS3, and PC control
- Compatible with Brook UP5 Playstation 5 Add-On for native, no timeout PS5 control (Be sure to update to the latest firmware for this PCB).
- Firmware upgradeable system via USB connection. Please see "Support" tab for links to latest firmware and additional wiring information.
- No 8 minute timeout reset needed.
- XINPUT Mode (when applicable).
- Tournament standard SOCD Cleaner support. There is a second SOCD mode via J15 pin connector. Use a single pin Jumper or switch to activate. Warning: Second SOCD mode is NOT tournament standard and may result in tournament ban if used in tournament. See Support Tab for schematic.
- Screw terminal for solderless connections.
- 20 pin (2x10) housing for future expansion or connection to other PCBA.
- JST and pin headers available for VCC, player 1-4 LEDs, RS, DP and LS mode, touch pad, touch pad button, Turbo button, and alternative USB output connector.
- Three connectors (J1, J1-1, J1-2 and J1-3) for USB wiring, in addition to USB-B port.
- 96x45mm (3.77" x 1.77") dimensions. Near identical form factor and connections to Brook Universal Fighting Board with Headers makes installation familiar to most joystick builders.
The Brook PS4+ Fighting Board includes the PCB with headers. The device is wrapped in a padded static-free pouch, and encased in a protective, professionally-designed box. Software support is upcoming from Brook's website.
If you considered replacing your existing FightStick PCBA or building a custom joystick of your own, the Brook PS3/PS4 Fighting Board plus is one of the most economical ways to get started.
As of now, the Brook Super Converter and Wingman series are allowed by EVO, one of the most popular global tournament events. Often EVO's policies are adopted at smaller tournaments. This policy is a tentative acceptance - should the converter become disabled via Sony firmware update before EVO, it could face a ban. You can learn more about it here.
Firmware updates, plus update guide for the Universal Fighting Board are available via Brook's website.
Occasionally Sony's firmware updates have removed Brook's PS4 support. Brook is quick to update their firmware to address it. When you are purchasing for the first time, it is always worthwhile to check that you have the latest firmware installed for the device.
Please note that firmware for the Universal Fighting Board is not compatible with this device. Uploading the firmware from that device into this one will cause the device to malfunction
Connecting, SOCD Mode and Button Mapping