Taiwanese company Brook - designers of the popular family of Super Converters and one of the first manufacturers whose converters managed to gain tentative acceptance by EVO - returns with a new flavor of Fighting Board
Version 2017 - Standard USB B Jack and UFB Pinout
The earlier Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio sported a micro USB port and unconventional pin layout when compared to their Brook Universal Fighting Board with Headers. This led to difficulties when trying to connect wiring. Feedback received from both vendors and players encouraged Brook to consider the traditional USB B port design to the main board and included breakout board. For our part, the inclusion of JST headers instead of pin headers allowed us to connect our 4-Pin L3/R3/Touchpad Button Harness to the PS4+ Fighting Board and Universal Fighting Board, which was one of our requests for the redesign.
Now you can utilize more common cables to connect to the board, such as the 18 Inch Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable which connects to a Neutrik NAUSB-W-B A/B USB Feed-Through, or the 10 Foot Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable to connect the included breakout board directly to the console.
Audio In, Audio Out
One of the standout features of the Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio is its small form-factor breakout board, which supports PS4 audio via headphone jack (note: PS4 audio only, not compatible with PS3 or Switch). It's a fantastic way to add functionality that is lacking in many contemporary Fightsticks, especially if you don't have access to a PS4 bluetooth headset.
Now includes Nintendo Switch Compatibility
Thanks to Brook's most recent firmware update, this device now supports Nintendo Switch! To activate:
- Hold down the Cross (1K) button
- Plug device into Switch Dock
Please note that this functionality does not work for Nintendo Switch Lite as it cannot connect to the Dock.
Neutrik Form Factor
The unique design of the breakout board is hardly accidental. In fact, it was specifically shaped with matching dimensions to the popular Neutrik family of USB connectors, specifically the Neutrik NAUSB-W-B A/B USB Feed-Through. This allows the breakout board to fit within any spare 24mm hole spaces in your Fightstick. This tried-and-true design makes installing the headphone jack and USB cable much simpler. See our photo gallery for additional dimensional specifications of the breakout board.
The UFB automatically detects PS4 and PS3 consoles when connected via USB. Notable features include:
- PS4, PS3, Nintendo Switch (via firmware update) and PC control
- Firmware upgradeable system via USB connection. Please see "Support" tab for links to latest firmware and additional wiring information.
- No 8 minute timeout reset needed.
- XINPUT Mode (when applicable).
- Two Analog stick Support
- SOCD Cleaner support via pin connector (J15).
- Screw terminal for solderless connections.
- 20 pin (2x10) housing for future expansion or connection to other PCBA.
- JST and pin headers available for VCC, player 1-4 LEDs, RS, DP and LS mode, touch pad, touch pad button, Turbo button, and alternative USB output connector.
- Near identical form factor and connections to Brook Universal Fighting Board with Headers makes installation familiar to most joystick builders.
The Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio includes the PCB with headers, plus breakout board and cables. Both are wrapped in a padded static-free pouch, and encased in a protective, professionally-designed box. Software support is upcoming from Brook's website.
If you considered replacing your existing FightStick PCBA or building a custom joystick of your own, the Brook PS4+ Fighting Board with Audio provides a cost-efficient solution while the addition of a headphone ts headphone getting you immersed into the action of the game with your online competitors.