NOTE: It is recommended that you confirm that the latest firmware is installed on your device by visiting the Brook Device Support page, downloading the firmware update app, and following instructions in the manual. Links to Brook device firmware update information and instructions are available in the Support tab.
The Brook Super Converter is a USB-based adapter designed to convert your Playstation 2 peripheral for use in the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 console, or Windows PC. It does this without requiring authorization from an original gamepad. This unprecedented advancement makes the Brook Super Converter the most portable adapter on the market today.
Full-Featured, Firmware Upgradeable
The Brooks Super Converter has several convenient features to improve the control experience.
- Accepts FightSticks, wired Playstation 2 gamepads, and steering wheels amongst other original and 3rd party PS2 compatible peripherals.
- Emulates PS4 touchpad button press by using L3 and R3 on the PS2 controller; Dedicated center button to emulate the PS3 or PS4 Home button.
- Supports mapping a single or combination of buttons to a Turbo function for rapid fire play.
- Ability to hot-swap peripherals without unplugging the device from the console.
- Vibration support when used on PS3 or PS4 console.
In addition, the Brook Super Converter is firmware upgradeable, which can be used to improve functionality, and add new features. Firmware updates are performed by attaching your device to a Windows PC, or Mac with Boot Camp partition or Parallels Virtual PC software.
2016 Tournament Acceptance
As of now, the Brook Super Converter is allowed by EVO, one of the most popular global tournament events. Often EVO's policies are adopted at smaller tournaments. This policy is a tentative acceptance - should the converter become disabled via Sony firmware update before EVO, it could face a ban. You can learn more about it here (Opens in new window).
The Brook Super Converter comes in its own professionally designed box. In the box is the device; paper instructions are also included in English and Taiwanese. You can also download the instructions as a PDF from the Support tab.
Please click here to access Brook's latest firmware for this device plus instructions to update the firmware.
Instructions and Brook Device FAQ