Headers are not compatible with Gummo TE2 mod, but headers will function with compatible JST headers and wiring.
NOTE: It is recommended that you confirm that the latest firmware is installed on your device by visiting the Brook PS4 Device Support page, downloading the firmware update app, and following instructions in the manual. Links to Brook device firmware update information and instructions are available in the Support tab.
Consoles of the previous generation - Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 - were home to dozens of arcade style titles, and specifically fighting games such as Street Fighter IV, Guilty Gear, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat, and many others. The newest consoles, Xbox One and Playstation 4, are building an entirely new A-list of fighting games such as Street Fighter V, Killer Instinct, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Mortal Kombat X. Many in the fighting game community desire owning a FightStick that offers compatibility with each console, in a manner that is easy to install, and relatively simple to use.
Taiwanese company Brook - designers of the popular family of Super Converters and one of the first manufacturers whose converters managed to gain tentative acceptance by EVO - returns with the a new solution. The Universal Fighting Board is a robust, solderless PCBA that works with PS3/PC, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Playstation 5 Compatibility via UP5 Add-On Board
Brook gives players control of the latest generation Playstation consoles thanks to Brook UP5 Playstation 5 Add-On PCB. To use, be sure to update the your device to its latest firmware version.
Additional Console Compatibility
Over time, firmware updates increased the versatility of the Universal Fighting Board, making it compatible with even more consoles:
- Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Wii/WiiU
- Playstation Classic (Mini Console)
- Neo Geo Mini
Please visit the "Support" tab for information on how to connect to these additional consoles via hotkey.
The UFB automatically detects four consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360) when connected via USB. This marks the first time in this generation to have access to the latest consoles in a single PCB. Notable features include:
- SOCD Cleaner. This removes Simultaneous Opposite Cardinal Directions, so controller cannot register multiple directions at the same time. HitBox owners benefit from this utility. CPT Tournament compliance (Up + Down = Neutral, Left + Right = Neutral) via firmware update.
- Firmware upgradeable system via USB connection. Please see "Support" tab for links to latest firmware and additional wiring information.
- No 8 minute timeout reset needed.
- XINPUT Mode (when applicable).
- Screw terminal for solderless connections.
- 20 pin (2x10) housing for future expansion or connection to other PCBA (requires soldering 20-Pin (2x10) male header).
- Similar form factor to Akishop PS360+ Multi-Console Joystick PCB makes installation familiar to most joystick builders.
- USB B port for attaching 18 Inch Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable to Neutrik NAUSB connector, then 10 Foot Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable to console.
The Universal Fighting Board is wrapped in a padded static-free pouch, and encased in a protective, professionally-designed box. Software support is available for download from Brook's website.
If you were considering replacing your existing FightStick PCBA or building a custom joystick of your own, the Brook Universal Fighting Board is the single best way to prepare you for the next tournament, no matter which modern console you're playing on.
As of now, the Brook Super Converter and Wingman series are allowed by EVO, one of the most popular global tournament events. Often EVO's policies are adopted at smaller tournaments. This policy is a tentative acceptance - should the converter become disabled via Sony firmware update before EVO, it could face a ban. You can learn more about it here.
Firmware updates, plus update guide for the Universal Fighting Board are available via Brook's website.
Occasionally Sony's firmware updates have removed Brook's PS4 support. Brook is quick to update their firmware to address it. If you are purchasing for the first time, it is always worthwhile to check that you have the latest firmware installed for the device.
Click here to access latest firmware. (opens new window)
Manual Connection to Additional Consoles
While console autodetection is possible when connecting to Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3, others require a button press before plugging into the console. Below are steps to perform this action:
- Press button:
- 1P for PS3
- 2P for PS4
- 3P for Xbox 360
- 4P for Xbox One
- 1K for Wii U - Pokken Tournament
- 2K for Original Xbox
- 3K for Neogeo Mini
- 1P+2P together for PS Classic
- While Pressing connect fightstick to PC
PS2 Games Compatible with PS3
To play PS2 games on PS3 consoles:
- Press and hold 1P on the fight stick in the main screen of PS2 game.
- While pressing, connect fightstick to PS3 console.
- In order to prevent unexpected errors, we recommend you switch to Xbox 360 mode manually before plugging in to PC which runs on OS earlier than Win 10.
- In the case states above, you will need to unplug UFB device after playing and perform step 1 again after rebooting.
Support Playstation Classic (Mini Console):
Hold down buttons □+△ on controller and plug it to PS Classic to use.
Connecting and Button Mapping