Brook, designers of this generation's multi-console PCBs and converters continue to evolve their line of Super Converters. The Wingman XE - with updated firmware - allows your Playstation 3, PS4, PS5 Dual Sense gamepads, plus Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, and even newly released Sega Astro City and Megadrive Mini gamepad or arcade stick to work with your PS3 and PS4 console or even PS5 with PS4 backwards compatible games.
Versatile Multi-Console to Playstation Console Converter
Thanks to their latest firmware update (V1.2c and up) for this device, the Wingman XE offers compatibility with a wide range of console gamepads, arcade sticks and controllers to PS3, PS4 and PS5 consoles. *Please note that native PS5 games are not supported at this time; PS4 games that are backwards compatible with PS4 will work. PC control is Direct Input, versus X-Input.
Full-Featured, Firmware Upgradeable
The Brook Super Converter has several convenient features to improve the control experience.
- Accepts FightSticks, wired and wireless gamepads and fightsticks across Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch and others, plus bluetooth support for wireless console and USB controllers.
- Supports mapping a single or combination of buttons to a Turbo function for rapid fire play.
- Ability to hot-swap peripherals without unplugging the device from the console.
- Vibration and Turbo support.
- Mappable buttons from peripheral to PS3, PS4 and PS5
- PC control via Direct Input
In addition, the Brook Wingman XE is firmware upgradeable, which can be used to improve functionality, and add new features. Firmware updates are performed by attaching your device to a Windows PC, or Mac (when applicable).
As of now, the Brook Super Converter and Wingman series are allowed by EVO, one of the most popular global tournament events. Often EVO's policies are adopted at smaller tournaments. This policy is a tentative acceptance - should the converter become disabled via Sony firmware update before EVO, it could face a ban. You can learn more about it here.
Firmware updates, plus update guide for the Wingman XE are available via Brook's website.
When you are purchasing for the first time, it is always worthwhile to check that you have the latest firmware installed for the device.
Product details, such as LEDs and Button Mappings are available here.