Taiwanese company Brook - designers of the popular family of Super Converters and one of the first manufacturers whose converters managed to gain tentative acceptance by EVO - offers a uniquely designed control PCB for the dedicated Xbox player.
Full Featured at Just Under $50
At under $50, the XB Fighting Board is a great price for those looking to to upgrade an older Fightstick, or create a new one without a heavy investment in the controller. This PCB is compatible with the latest generation Series X and S console, along with Xbox One (Xbox One S as well), Xbox 360, and even original Xbox when using a USB to Xbox adapter cable with female connector.
The inclusion of JST headers instead of pin headers allow you connect our 4-Pin L3/R3/Touchpad Button Harness to this mode.
As now common in the Brook family of PCB boards, you can utilize USB 2.0 B printer cables to connect to the board, such as the 18 Inch Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable which connects to a Neutrik NAUSB-W-B A/B USB Feed-Through, or the 10 Foot Male A-B USB 2.0 Cable.
Brook ACT controller software
Unique to the XB Fighting Board is a programmable input profile via PC or Mac application called Brook Arcade Configuration Tool (ACT). You can have up to four configurations for each console, including all-button. Of note, the Series X|S configuration is shared with Xbox One. To download the software, plus installation user guide for the XB Fighting Board, please click the "Support" tab, or scroll further if on a mobile device.
Videos for the app is also listed under the "Video" tab or mobile header.
This device automatically detects Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, Xbox 360 consoles when connected via USB. Notable features include:
- Control for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Original Xbox via USB to Xbox adapter cable.
- Firmware upgradeable system via USB connection. Please see "Support" tab for links to latest firmware and additional wiring information.
- XINPUT Mode (when applicable).
- Tournament standard SOCD Cleaner support.
- Screw terminal for solderless connections.
- 20 pin (2x10) housing for future expansion or connection to other PCBA.
- JST and pin headers available for VCC, player 1-4 LEDs, RS, DP and LS mode, touch pad, touch pad button, Turbo button, and alternative USB output connector.
- Three connectors (J1, J1-1, J1-2 and J1-3) for USB wiring, in addition to USB-B port.
- 96x45mm (3.77" x 1.77") dimensions. Near identical form factor and connections to Brook Universal Fighting Board with Headers makes installation familiar to most joystick builders.
The Brook XB Fighting Board includes the PCB with headers. The device is wrapped in a padded static-free pouch, and encased in a protective, professionally-designed box. Software support is upcoming from Brook's website.
If you considered replacing your existing FightStick PCBA or building a custom joystick of your own, the XB Fighting Board is a great way to play fighting and arcade-style titles on the entire generation of Xbox consoles.
Firmware updates, plus update guide for the Universal Fighting Board are available via Brook's website.
Please note that firmware for the Universal Fighting Board is not compatible with this device. Uploading the firmware from that device into this one will cause the device to malfunction
Manual and Input Control App
Download the user manual here. (PDF)
Download the Brook Arcade Configuration Tool for PC/Windows | Mac