Note: This model is not for use with original Mortal Kombat II or Killer Instinct cabinets.
Large, bulky and heavy CRT monitors have seen their time come and go, giving way to lighter, thinner and higher-resolution monitors and TVs. With that, older consoles and arcade motherboards are not capable of producing the video signal used by today's technology. That leaves most desiring to upgrade their arcade cabinet to flat panel LCD, design a supergun, or play older consoles on a newer TV needing a bridge between the two worlds.
The Gonbes GBS-8220 (v3) CGA/EGA/YUV to VGA Arcade HD-Converter PCB is considered one of the most popular video upconverters on the market. It is designed to accept and process various video signals from older systems, such as EGA, CGA, VGA, and YUV component, and output as high-resolution VGA signal. Often coupled with a separate sync cleaner module for the cleanest RGB signal, and SLG (scan line generator) PCB to recreate the look of older CRT monitors, the GBS-8220 is an incredibly versatile solution.
Direct from Gonbes
A significant number of upscaler clones exist in the market, with questionable construction and video output quality. Please be assured that the GBS8220 model we carry is purchased direct from Gonbes, and an authentic part from the company.
- CGA/EGA/VGA/YUV Component Signal Input
- VGA Output (640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1360 x 768) 50Hz (PAL), or 60Hz (NTSC)
- CGA/EGA/VGA signal auto scan (15KHz, 24KHz, 31KHz)
- YUV Component signal auto scan (480i, 576i, 720i, 1080i, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p)
- On Screen Display (English and Chinese)
- Image position control & image zoom control
- Digital 24-bit A/D converter for true 16.7-million color conversion.
- Supports VGA-connected monitors (CRT, LCD, LED, PDP, etc.)
- Input Power: DC 5V ±0.5V (2A) P7 or P9. Uses a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel adapter plug.
- Input signal - CGA / EGA: 14.5kHz ~ 16.5kHz / 23.5 ~ 25.5kHz / 30.5 ~ 32.5 kHz (Auto scan) P3 or P11 or P10
- RGBHV: 30.5 ~ 32.5 kHz (Auto scan) P10 or P11
- VGA: 30.5 ~ 32.5 kHz (Auto scan) P10 or P11
- Ypbpr: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p (Auto scan) P2
- Ycbcr: 480i, 576i, 720i, 1080i (Auto scan) P2
- Output signal - VGA: 640 * 480, 800 * 600, 1024 * 768, 1360 * 768 P4 and P13
- User controls: Input Switch, Image Zoom, Input Zoom, Image Position, Output resolution, R/G/B gain adjust. MENU KEY R/G/B VR
- Main item size: 11.5 * 10.5 * 1.6 cm / 4.53 * 4.53 * 0.63in
- “MENU” open OSD menu, and enter.
- “UP” up and increase.
- “DOWN/AUTO” down and reduce.
- Press this key: auto scan CGA/EGA signal
- Press this key over 5 second and release: reset system (this operation is invalid when you open OSD menu)
- “SW” switch input signal Ypbpr / RGBS / RGBHV (this operation is invalid when you open OSD menu).
- “Clamp sp” & “Clamp” please don’t adjust this button, except the monitor has black item or picture discoloration.