Sample app counter
Daily Order Slot App keeps track of how many orders were placed for specific items, such as custom artwork and plexi, and counts down to zero. Once the counter is zero, those products are unavailable for sale for the remainder of the day. Within 30 minutes after midnight (12:30am US EST), in-stock products are available for purchase again.
Why Does this Exist?
We developed this system to regulate how many orders come in after an
extreme shortfall. Such shortfalls include:
- Restocks after long periods of stockouts for certain items.
- Printer or other machine failure that prevents us from fulfilling custom orders.
- Weather events that hinder staff from visiting the Warehouse.
- Staff adjustments in case one or more members is sick or has a medical emergency.
- Custom order backlog caused by high demand over several weeks.
Why Do You Need to Limit Orders?
Most common of extreme shortfall periods are restocks. During past shortfall periods involving restocks, we would receive orders in a single day that far exceeds what staff can pack and ship over several business days. Staff then begins to work through the order backlog from that single day.
- Customers expect the order to ship same or next day after the order is placed.
- Having no knowledge of backlog created by the shortfall, customers may grow impatient as the days pass.
The Daily Slot App prevents the backlog by limiting daily orders to the quantity our staff can reliably pack and ship each day.
Why Do Limits Apply to Custom Orders?
- Printing or laser machine failure or repairs may halt production of existing orders.
- We may temporarily halt Plexworks services if consistent high demand creates a backlog the exceeds the 14 business day turnaround policy.
Are Orders Limited Every Day?
No. While the order slot app will remain on the site, only under extreme shortfall cases will some customers not have ability to purchase in-stock items until the following day. In most cases, the number of orders placed per day will not cause the counter to reach zero.
Stockouts are more frequent due to COVID-19 related surge in demand, as players stay home and pursue their hobbies. Imported arcade parts are hardly profitable, thus our budget can only afford to restock a limited quantity.
I hope that the Daily Order Slot app addresses many of the concerns caused by backlog. I recognize that any business should welcome as many orders as it can get. I am certainly thankful for them. This app was made to help our staff achieve the customer experience you deserve when placing an order with us.
If you have any questions about your order status, you can send a note to