DRX | Jaemin "Knee" Bae's legacy as the undisputed all-time best pro Tekken player in the world has begun to spread to the western continents. In 2019 alone, KNEE has won or placed high in no less than ten (10) Tekken specific events, including EVO Tekken, Tekken 7 World Tour at Combo Breaker, World Showdown of ESports, and Japan Mastercup 11 Championship.
These achievements were done in part by his own custom lever, which features a number of components designed with his and other pro Tekken players feedback. The KNEE lever NEO wraps these unique characteristics into an attractive package inside and out.
Knee Lever NEO Specifications
- Grip: Red clear acrylic encapsulated handle
- Shaft: Stainless Steel
- Shaft Washer: Clear polycarbonate
- Dust Cover : Clear polycarbonate
- Bracket: 1.6T iron plate + coating + printing
- Tension Rubber Grommet: 30+ specialized for Knee players
- Bobbin: Acetal
- Low Collar upper Housing: Clear Polycarbonate
- Bottom Housing: Red clear polycarbonate
- Actuator: 16.1mm acetal
- Switches: 3 Gersung A3KN wide hinge switches, 1 Gersung A3 standard hinge switch
- Guide (Gate): Circle-Square of clear polycarbonate
- Arcade joystick with at least 65mm wide, 97mm long and 43mm high internal space to mount the lever.
- Arcade joystick with JLF standard mounting bracket type
Compatible with Sanwa Mount
The KNEE lever NEO possesses a low profile 35mm collar. Its multi-mounting plate has holes to install in Sanwa-compatible Fightsticks that have enough body clearance.
Tension via Rubber Grommet, Not Metal Spring
Additionally, there is no tension spring. Instead most Korean levers use a rubber grommet placed in the housing. This surrounds the shaft, and a plastic or Delrin bobbin keeps shaft in place.
Tested Compatibility with Fightsticks
The KNEE lever dimensions are 95x83x118mm. (3.74 inches long, 3.26 inches deep and 4.64 inches high) with shaft installed. Without shaft and including the microswitches, the base is 38mm high. The following Fightsticks are compatible with the KNEE lever NEO. Its fit is similar to the Crown 303-FK. We will add to this list as we perform fit tests with other models in our possession.
- Hori Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa (includes RAP 4 Kai, RAP 3-SA/SX as it uses similar housing)
- Hori RAP N
- Hori Edge (original and 2017 model)
- Hori VLX (all models)
- Razer Panthera (not Panthera EVO)
- MadCatz TE2+ (also compatible with original MCZ TE2 models)
- Qanba Q1 CUT
- Qanba Obsidian
- Nacon Daija
- Joytron EX Revolution V2