Always On Reserve for GamerFinger Products
GamerFinger products will remain on reserve until further notice. What does that mean?
- You can reserve any GamerFinger product, including caps, switches and optical PCB.
- If we have your order contents in stock, we will ship it immediately.
- If we are waiting for a GamerFinger restock shipment, we will ship your order as soon as it arrives.
- You can cancel your reserve at any time.
Why are we doing this?
- GamerFinger is a popular item that - as of this writing - is very hard to find. Most customers know of focusattack.com as a US reseller for this product.
- At the moment, restocks of GamerFinger products is difficult to assess, due to inconsistency in shipping times by the company. Some can take just a week to ship, others can take many weeks even if the product is in stock at their warehouse. While we can usually accomodate other vendors, the inconsistency makes GamerFinger unique as a supplier.
- We will continue to work with GamerFinger to improve their turnaround time for restock shipments. We are working to purchase enough additional stock to meet the high demand, and work around the inconsistencies.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team by email or click the Help or "?" icon to display a search box and form.
The GamerFinger HBFS pushbutton offers incredible durability, responsiveness, and a unique feedback system thanks to its use of mechanical key switches.
Operating Force, Feel, and Different Key Switches Explained
The immediate benefit of incorporating the HBFS pushbutton into your gameplay is the ability to choose your preferred level of operating force, simply by switching out the mechanical key switches.
What does linear feel or tactile feel mean? Linear feel means that the feel is consistent from the moment you press down on the button. Tactile feel provides a bit of feedback upon actuation. Operating Force means how hard you have to push the button and how hard it will push back when depressed.The g45g, for example, represents a metric unit of force.
Swapping Key Switches to Adjust Operating Force and Feedback
Because the HBFS uses mechanical key switches, you can purchase other switches that offer a higher operating force, or a different feel. Each are color-coded based on their characteristics:
- Red: 45g operating force, linear feel
- Silver: 45g operating force, linear feel, operative travel 1.2mm versus 2mm of Red MX
- Black: 60g operating force, linear feel
- Brown: 55g operating force, soft tactile feel
- Blue: 60g operating force, click tactile feel
- Razer MX Orange: 45g operating force, soft tactile feel, silent operation, operative travel 1.9mm versus 2mm of Red MX
- Razer MX Green: 50g operating force, click tactile feel, operative travel 1.9mm versus 2mm of Red MX
Cherry MX™ Black
Cherry MX™ Black "linear feel" is both silent and linear, meaning that from actuation to fully pressing it, it feels the same. These require 60g operating force, so it is likely that you will press all the way down to activate the button command. These are great for those who feel that Sanwa microswitches are too sensitive or tend to activate unwanted commands simply by brushing across the buttons.
10x more durable than Sanwa RG
Sanwa's RG microswitches are known to last longer than the standard SW-68 switches. Thanks to the mechanical key switch, HBFS possesses a much longer lifespan through use of mechanical switches - 50 million operations versus 500,000 - for about the same price as as the RG.
Change your Gameplay, or Repair/Replace
These key switches offer their own unique feedback and press capabilities, potentially improving your approach your fighting game execution. Should you need to replace few damaged switches in a mechanical keyboard (purchases limited to 12pcs), these should do the trick. Make sure to check the type of switch that your keyboard uses before purchasing.
Thanks to The Keyboard Company and PC World for helpful descriptions on key switch characteristics. Animated illustrations by cherrymx.de.