The Crown 309 Series is an excellent choice for those who want to experience the unique feel of an authentic Korean joystick. However, the accessories available to these joysticks are extremely limited. The 309's battop is permanently attached to the joystick, which means that you can't swap it with another color, or even a balltop. This is a stark contrast to Sanwa or Seimitsu joysticks, whose 35mm balltops and battops are interchangeable.
Now, you can enjoy the incredible variety of Sanwa, Seimitsu, and JLF compatible accessories with the Crown JLF Conversion Shaft. The Crown JLF Conversion Shaft replaces the default Crown 309-MJ joystick shaft and battop.
The Crown JLF Conversion Shaft features a 3mm hollow body. This allows you to wire a joystick LED for spectacular light effects. The shaft height is approximately 79mm - sized to mimic the clearance space from joystick base to JLF style accessory. The diameter is the same as the original Crown shaft, keeping the same throw distance intact.
The Crown conversion shaft is compatible with Crown original 303-FK, older 307, and more recent iteration 309-MJ which has a low profile collar. We cannot confirm compatibility with the Crown CWL-309Helpme-K-KMS-ST35 Joystick. It will install, but may affect control due it its higher collar.
- To install, first remove the small black e-clip located at the bottom of the Crown joystick shaft. Inserting a 2.0mm precision screwdriver into the clip's inside curvature and pushing against the curvature can usually remove it. Take care not to lose the clip!
- Once the e-clip is removed, pull the battop and shaft up and away from the joystick body.
- With the original battop shaft removed, insert the Crown JLF Conversion Shaft into the joystick body.
- The bottom of the shaft should peek out from the blue plastic actuator. Install the e-clip by sliding it into the horizontal grove near the bottom of the shaft.
- Now, you can screw on a Sanwa, Seimitsu or other balltop, or use a Sanwa LB-30 N-S Battop Adapter to install a compatible battop, such as the LB-35 battops, or FA Nippon JLF ALU Series Battops.
Installing the shaft portion of the JLF-CD shaft is not recommended due to small diameter of Crown 307 and 309 series joystick body where shaft resides. JLF-CD dustwasher is compatible.