Brook, designers of this generation's multi-console PCBs and converters continue to evolve their line of Super Converters. The Wingman XE2 is the "Swiss army knife" of compatibility with gamepads or arcade sticks, allowing over 125 models to work with your PC, Nintendo Switch, PS3 and PS4 console or even PS5 with PS4 backwards compatible games.
Versatile Multi-Console to Playstation, Nintendo Switch Console, PC Converter
The Wingman XE2 offers compatibility with a wide range of console gamepads, arcade sticks and controllers to PS3, PS4, PS5*, and Nintendo Switch consoles. *Please note that native PS5 games are not supported at this time; PS4 games that are backwards compatible on PS5 will work. PC control is Direct Input, versus X-Input.
Full-Featured, Firmware Upgradeable
The Brook Super Converter has several convenient features to improve the control experience.
- Accepts FightSticks, wired and wireless gamepads and fightsticks across Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch and others, plus bluetooth support for wireless console and USB controllers.
- Xbox series X\S, Xbox One and Xbox Elite 2 wireless controllers are now supported
- Supports mapping a single or combination of buttons to a Turbo function for rapid fire play.
- Ability to hot-swap peripherals without unplugging the device from the console.
- Vibration and Turbo support.
- Multiple Turbo Settings: 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 presses/second.
- Mappable buttons from peripheral to PS3, PS4 and PS5
- PC control via Direct Input
In addition, the Brook Wingman XE is firmware upgradeable, which can be used to improve functionality, and add new features. Firmware updates are performed by attaching your device to a Windows PC, or Mac (when applicable).
As of now, the Brook Super Converter and Wingman series are allowed by EVO, one of the most popular global tournament events. Often EVO's policies are adopted at smaller tournaments. This policy is a tentative acceptance - should the converter become disabled via Sony firmware update before EVO, it could face a ban. You can learn more about it here.
Firmware updates, plus update guide for the Wingman XE are available via Brook's website.
When you are purchasing for the first time, it is always worthwhile to check that you have the latest firmware installed for the device.
Product details, such as LEDs and Button Mappings are available here.