These great stainless steel hollow shafts for Seimitsu LS-32, 32-01 or LS-38 series joysticks are perfect for balltop LED lighting projects. The outer diameter matches a standard size Seimitsu LS-32 joystick shaft, and is compatible with all Sanwa and Seimitsu balltops, battops, and bubbletops.
Adds 18mm to Standard Size
The standard length for the Seimitsu LS-32 shaft is 76.8mm. The extended shaft is 93.8mm in length, adding almost 18mm, or 2cm to its length.
E-Clip, Flat Screws Included
The original Seimitsu LS-32 shaft C-clip is incompatible, due to the e-clip area diameter needed for the hollow shaft. Additionally, once removed, the C-clip cannot be reinstalled onto the LS-32 without special tools. Each LS-32 hollow shaft will include a wider diameter e-clip that will fit this model. To address the e-clip's girth, we provide two replacement screws with a flatter pan head. These screws will install into the topmost restrictor guide. Please click the "Install" tab for a quick guide to remove and replace the existing shaft with hollow shafts.
Compatibility with Sanwa and Seimitsu Accessories
The shaft matches the threading found in the stock shaft. This means that nearly all balltop and battop accessories that currently fit the standard LS series shaft are compatible.
Design Collaboration with KOWAL
KOWAL is the name of a well-respected member on Shoryuken.com forums and elsewhere in the arcade community. He has extensive knowledge of the inner workings of many control devices, and designer of many popular gameplay enhancement products such as the Kowal 1mm Oversize Actuator for Sanwa JLF Series Joystick, KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus Octagonal Restrictor Plate and KOWAL LS.ST Short Throw Mod for Seimitsu LS-55/56/58/60-01 Joystick, plus essentials such as the KOWAL Flat Plate Converter. With his permission, we were able to design a joystick shaft series that precisely measures the specific model and its mounting plate variations, supporting his brand of performance solutions that highlight accuracy and compatibility above all else.
- First, use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the c-clip. You will not recover the c-clip's original shape once removed.
- Next, lift the original shaft from its base.
- Place the hollow shaft into the LS-32 base.
- Remove the two short screws that attach the dark glue subguide to the joystick lever.
- Replace these screws with the flatter pan head screws that are provided with the hollow shaft.
- Use the needle nose plier to attach the larger e-clip provided with the hollow shaft. The finished result should resemble the photo below (hollow shaft model shown, no longer available):