When interacting with some Japanese import parts, attempting to utilize a Phillips head screwdriver often risks "camming out" and stripping the JIS screws. The Vessel Ball Grip Interchangeable Bit Screwdriver is a versatile, easy to handle driver with JIS, Pozidrive and flat head bits.
JIS and Pozidrive
Phillips heads were originally designed to "cam out", or slip out of the screw head once a certain torque level was reached. Repeatedly camming out can damage the screw, creating a stripped surface that a screw driver can no longer turn. PoziDrive and JIS, which are designed not to cam out, reduces these risks.
The Vessel's 1.5 inch (40 mm) rubberized ball grip is a standout feature, with indents to help with thumb placement. Its ergonomic design helps to increase turning capacity while reducing cramping of hand and wrist.
- Interchangeable driver grip with 3 double ended bits (JIS +1, JIS +2, JIS +3, FLAT -6, PZ2, PZ3)
- Possible to use with Phillips head screws
- Ergonomic ball grip reduces fatigue
- 3 inch length after inserting bit into the handle
- Interchangeable with any 1/4" Hex bit longer than 2 inch overall length
- Pozidrive tip included to drive European appliances, furniture, etc.